11.12.2009

I Love Cataogs.

I have always had a love of catalogs.  I love going through the pages and imagine myself in all of the pretty things.  I love circling all of the things I want, realizing that I am probably not going to end up with much, if any of the things that I desire.  I do, however, dream, and dream big
I believe that this love of catalogs began when, as a child, I discovered the JCPenny catalog toy section.  I would search the same pages over and over again looking for the perfect Christmas present.  Again, I would have the harsh reality that Christmas would probably not include all of the toys that I had picked out, but a girl can dream. 
These days my love of catalogs has been replaced by websites and blogs.  My favorites these days are J. Crew, anthropologie, Banana Republic, and Nordstrom.  Like my days of catalog searching, my wish lists and my shopping bag are FULL of beautiful clothes and pretty things that I dream of wearing.  Blogs like Cardigan Empire and Have a Cute Day, are like catalogs of real people that love getting dressed up and have fun doing it.  They inspire me to have fun when I get dressed and give me the courage to try new things. 

*Disclaimer*  I am pretty boring when it comes to clothes, and do not know much when it comes to fashion, but I like learning from those that are.  Have a Cute Day is having a giveaway for those who mention them in their blog, so here it is. 

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS