5.13.2011

Rough Trip.

A few weeks ago my Aunt and Uncle were sealed for time and eternity in the LDS Temple in Logan, Utah.  I really wanted to be there, and decided to make the trip north.  Unfortunately, Ben had a business trip at the same time, so he wasn't able to come with us.  I made the 830+ miles (each way) trip to Logan, Utah by myself.  This was my first mistake.  My second mistake was slacking on my school before I left, which meant that I would have to leave early so I could get back to finish.  We spent two days driving up, three days visiting, and two days driving back.  The driving to visiting ratio was (a lot) out of control.  Some of the highlights/lowlights:

  • We only had to stop once on the first day, and the boys were amazing!
  • We were able to stop and see my grandparents and two of my aunts.  Yippee.
  • Jack opened the car door when I was driving on the freeway, and I had to pull over and close the door.  For some reason the child safety locks were off, they will be on forever more.  Jack was crying that it was dangerous that I was getting out of the car with all the trucks.  Really, Jack?  What about opening a car door while I'm driving?
  • We made it to Logan in time for dinner.  I am so glad my sister was there, and all of her culinary skills.  She not only made dinner that night, but AMAZING cupcakes.  As in, some of the best I have ever eaten.  She made more cupcakes during our trip, and they were the best cupcakes I have ever eaten.  EVER. 
  • My sister, brother, and I went to lunch and to ice cream.  We got a discount at the ice cream place because the person working there happened to know someone that I knew.  SWEET!
  • My kids were able to spend some good time with my parents.  Grandma and Grandpa time is precious for both grandparents and parents alike.
  • My aunt and uncle had a beautiful ceremony, and I am so grateful that I went.
  • The boys were dressed in the cutest little outfits complete with coordinating ties. 
  • I realized that my family is incredibly talented and I am seriously lacking in domestic skills.  My brother decided he wanted a new bowtie, and he sewed one for himself, and it looked fabulous.  I think I might be the only one in my family missing the (successfully) creative gene.
  • I was able to see almost all of my Dad's family, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, although a few relatives weren't there, but it was a great time. (If you weren't there, you were missed.)
  • I love all of my family and think that they are the best!  (Even the ones I didn't see.)
  • It snowed every day we were there.  I wanted to cry.  I don't like snow.  It made me want to get back down to Tijuana.
  • The boys and I drove down to Salt Lake for a night, (thanks family) and I was able to buy my books for the summer semester. 
  • Thomas loves to throw his binky under his car seat, making it impossible to grab while driving.
  • I was able to listen to two different books. 
  • Portable DVD players are AWESOME!!!
  • I missed a lot of sleep and am still feeling tired.  While we were travelling, the boys wanted to sleep in bed with me, and most of the time we were in a queen sized bed or smaller, and one night the three of us slept on a futon.  That was fun.
  • When we crossed into Tijuana, I let out a huge sigh of relief and had never been so happy be back in Mexico, and my own bed.


Almost every time I left the house, I forgot my camera.  The only pictures I took were of my grandparents.  I am bummed I didn't get any pictures of the kids and relatives or of anything else that happened.  I hope I will get copies. (hint, hint)

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS