5.21.2011

To tell or not to tell? That is the question.

I say tell.  We know what our next assignment is.  Both Ben and I wanted to wait a little longer before sharing, since nothing is ever certain until your plane lands and you put your suitcases in your home.  (Even then, there is always room for something to happen.)  However, I have a hard time not sharing when I am excited! 

Our next post is going to be Colombo, Sri Lanka.  We didn't think that we would be able to go overseas again, and some days we weren't sure we wanted to, but both Ben and I are really excited. 
An exciting thing about this post- the Maldives are included in the Embassy's responsibilities, so I am really hoping for Ben to have to go on a business trip so we can stay here:

A girl can dream.

If everything goes according to plan, we will be going there when we leave Tijuana next year.  It is a good thing we have awhile, I we have a lot of planning to do.  You know like figuring out what to take in a consumables shipment, what to wear in monsoon season (I am thinking really great rain boots!), preparing to drive on the left side of the road, and learning how to cook non-prepared/frozen foods.  Oh, and I can't forget a dress for the Marine Ball- I can't wait to get all fancy.
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS