10.15.2011

Let's not do that again.

Last week was a rough week.
It all started last Saturday, although Saturday was a great day.
Our treadmill broke, and I decided to run outside.  It was a beautiful day, and I was so excited to take my workout from the treadmill to the outdoors.  If you have been to my house, you know that we are surrounded by hills.  Steep hills.  Why did I think it was a good idea to run?  I was working from a couch-to-5K app, and during the run it shut down- so I started it over.  I ended up running longer than I needed to, running up hill both ways.  I was tired, but felt good.  The rest of the day was spent sewing, and it was great. 

Example of the hills.

The next day was Sunday.  It was a great day, however, at 3:00 am Sunday night/Monday morning I woke up sick.  Really, really sick.  
 I was up until the kids woke up the next morning. 
I laid in bed all day, and did not even have enough energy to play angry birds.  Yeah, it was that bad.
I had a fever, was sick, and remember my Saturday workout?  I was sore.
Miserable.

Tuesday, we took it easy and the boys and I watched "Tangled" about five times.

Wednesday we went to the pumpkin patch.  It was 95 degrees, and a little hot for the boys, so we didn't last very long.  
On the way home we stopped for some fast food which I should have avoided, partly due to the fact that I was semi-recovering from a stomach bug.  Well, I found a hair in my food.  You know, the kind of hair you don't want to ever find ANYWHERE- especially in food.  Yuck.



Thursday I made ratatouille for dinner, and it didn't turn out as well as I expected.  
(Does any one have a good recipe?)
We ended up eating frozen pizza.

Friday I was hoping to escape my bad luck by going for a run on the beach.  I had visions of running down the beach with a gentle breeze, sunshine and beautiful water.  Wrong.  It was foggy, and I couldn't see very much.  It was also high tide, so the sand I could run on was soft, and not the packed down sand that I imagined I would be running on.  Definitely a let down.



This is looking towards the ocean.  

Last week was rough, but there were some wonderful things that happened, as well.

1.  Ben had the day off on Monday, so I didn't have to do anything.  Then when water was making me sick and I needed something else to drink, Ben took the boys to buy me a half a dozen different drinks.

2.  The boys were pretty good when I needed a down day.  They played well together and let me rest.

3.  The boys were each able to get their own pumpkins, and when I was buying some for decoration, the lady gave me a deal because I was honest about the price. 

4.  I live somewhere that I can run on the beach.  

5.  Even if the beach didn't look the way I wanted to, I could still listen to the waves, and with the fog, I could pretend that I was all alone on the beach for most of the time.

6.  I am grateful that my body works and if I want to run, I can.

7.   I made beef stroganoff for dinner tonight, and it was a hit.  We will definitely make it again.  The recipe can be found here.


The end.


1 comment:

April Kennedy said...

aww...i feel you on the sickness. been so sick with a stomach bug for two days. not sure when I will want to eat again...but hoping tomorrow. i miss food...but on the positive...the weight loss has been nice!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS