1.06.2012

Changes and houseplants.

I have a lot that I need to do.  However, I just came home from having a root canal, and don't feel like doing much.  I was looking at pictures and marveling at the changes our family has gone through, particularly Thomas.  When we arrived, he was still a baby.  Now he is an energetic toddler.

We have all changed a lot.  Some of our changes are quite obvious, and some we keep inside.



Thomas grew from this:


To this:






Jack grew from this:



To this:




We all went from:








To:







My heart is sad as we prepare to move.  We have met incredible people, and it is hard to leave.  

However, I have come to find that the people I love are a part of me forever, and I take them along with me.  In both my thoughts and my prayers.



Now the houseplant portion of the post.

I don't have the traditional "roots" that a lot of people speak of, but I don't want to be left out of the botanical metaphor.  Therefore, I have decided that I am a houseplant.  I have roots, but I take them wherever I go.  Everyone I have met has become a part of who I am, and who I will become.  Maybe this doesn't work for everyone.  So far, it has worked for me.  
Another thing about being a houseplant- there is potential to plant it in the ground to become a permanent feature.  

Who knows, maybe someday.  

Today, I am hoping that it will be in San Diego. 
Not only for the amazing people, but for the perfect weather.  

12 comments:

Cabatic Family said...

The boys have gotten so big. They grow up way to fast. Good luck with the move!!

Lisonbee said...

I hope you get to be planted in San Diego too cause that is just convenient for all the family!! Good luck with all the training and sight seeing along the way.

Connie said...

Amazing how fast the kids grow. Your boys are so cute! You do have roots, they're just more flexible than most :)

Jill said...

Ugh ... a root canal. Oh how I remember how much that sucked.

Your kids have gotten big! And so adorable!

Here's wishing you sanity and good memories as you begin your preparations for your next move!

Corey Meyers said...

I can't even think about you leaving, when you miss church I'm sad enough! Sigh. And i like your houseplant metaphor, it's unique. I, on the other hand, kill plants, so I can't use that for deep thoughts.

Jessica said...

I would like to be in San Diego too, I've never lived there but visited several times and love it.

The Teeples Times said...

I love your metaphor of being a houseplant. As I look forward to our very near move, I am going to use that metaphor in my life - thanks for the insight!! You are a wise woman!

Liz said...

Your boys have grown up so much in the last year. It is amazing how fast things change. Good luck with your move. I hope it all works out great for you.

Jen said...

I love the root metaphor and hope the move is going smoothly!!

Jill said...

Your blog is linked in the FS Blog RoundUp.

http://theperlmanupdate.blogspot.com/2012/01/its-fs-roundup-building-our-community.html

Spectrummy Mummy said...

hope the move is going smoothly. or as smoothly as these things can. Your plant analogy reminded me of something I wrote about my FS kids: http://www.squashedmom.com/2011/05/snss-sibling-saplings.html :)

jeri said...

I love that thought...I believe I am a houseplant too!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS