10.03.2012

Preparation vs. Reality: Finding Make-up that Doesn't Melt.

Before moving here one of my concerns was what kind of make-up to wear in the heat and humidity that is Sri Lankan weather. I asked everyone I could, and everyone was extremely helpful, but the answers were pretty different depending on who I was asking. The answers I received told me I was going to have to figure it out for myself.
So here is what I figured out.
I keep my routine pretty simple, and this is how it usually goes. I don't feel like putting makeup on, but I need to put on sunscreen. I think, if I am already putting on sunscreen, I might as well put on tinted moisturizer. If I put on tinted moisturizer, I might as well put a little color on my checks, and lips. Then I think, I have already gone this far, a little eyeliner would be perfect. That's how it goes most days. Sometimes, I really do stop after the tinted moisturizer and head out the door.




These are the products that I have found work well for me.

1. Urban Decay eye primer. Love it.

2. Garnier eye puff roller. I love this, especially on long flights. My eyes instantly feel better.

3. Garnier BB cream. Apparently it is tinted moisturizer 2.0. I haven't really noticed, but it stays on and provides coverage, so I am happy.

4. Stila lip/cheek stain- coconut crush. This multi-tasker is fantastic. The color lasts all day and I can use it on my checks and lips. Oh, and it smells good.

5. This is my favorite lip gloss. I usually put this on on top of the stain for a little shine. This one is Make Up Forever I don't know the name, but the color number is S2.

6. The Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in a creamy powder. I just have a sample, but it is awesome. I don't know if it has a SPF, but the coverage is AMAZING.

7. Last, but not least, pot of eyeliner and brush. I have tried all sorts of eyeliners, including waterproof, and they left me with terrible circles under my eyes. This one I bought at Target in the Boots section.

*I only put eyeliner on the top lid, it is the only way- if I don't want raccoon eyes. I sweat too much.*

 
If I feel like being fancy, here is how I add to my routine.

1. Mascara. I don't have a favorite, I just use whatever I have. This one is Cover Girl, has an awesome brush, and works well.

2. Nars bronzer/blush duo. This one is Angelika and Laguna.

3. Eyeshadow duo. I have a few of these and it makes it easier to know what colors to put together.

4. Erase paste by Benefit. I use it as an under eye cream and concealer. Oh how I love this, but I don't wear it everyday because it melts quite easily. However, if I am going somewhere fancy that will have air conditioning, I wear it.







There you have it. My humidity friendly make-up routine. I hope this helps if you are coming to visit :) or just looking for something new to try.





Do you have any favorite products that you don't want to live without?




3 comments:

Camille said...

I've been dealing with melting face, too. It sucks!
And I'm in love with that urban decay eye primer. LURV it! Have you tried their 24-7 eyeliners? That stuff won't budge for days (if I let it...which I mostly don't. At least, not more than two days. Or three.).
I'm still on the hunt for a concealer that won't melt - let me know if you ever hear of anything!
:)

Sara said...

Most days my routine consists of only Clinique city block spf 40 that is tinted. No moisture here though, it's super dry!

Dorothy Gale said...

I used to use Erase Paste and I switched to Booooing, also by Benefit. LOVE it so much more. It's much less goopy, but I really feel like it covers better and doesn't melt off as much. Also, have you tried Urban Decay's liquid liner? Smog is a great color that I SWEAR will look awesome on anyone, and I have no problem with it running or pooling. It stays put!

Oh, and I am finally remembering to add you to my blog roll!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS