2.13.2013

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Traveling Pants.

I love reading books about women/girls that are BFF. Especially ones that have grown up together and share everything, including a magical pair of pants. I am always a little jealous of these stories of lifelong friendships, as moving around my entire life has not really produced this type of life story. Don't get me wrong, I have friends from when I was 12 (Happy Belated Birthday, Lindsey!), that even though we don't see each other very often, I still consider to be good friends. I have been blessed with some of the most amazing friends in my life and for that I am grateful.  However, the thousands of miles makes it hard to get together. 

When the opportunity came up to see two of my best friends, I jumped at the chance. Both Kelly and Dasha are part of the Foreign Service community, and so not only are we good friends, we are able to share stories that few people understand. 

Of all the good about getting together with friends, my favorite part is that we are totally able to be ourselves around each other, and know that despite our many imperfections, we will be loved. 

It was one of the best weeks ever. We spent most of our time in Paris (where Kelly currently lives) and a few days in Ireland. We laughed, and ate, and took pictures and walked and took pictures and ate and laughed. 

I give you some of the highlights of our trip. The first two pictures are courtesy of Kelly.











 Kelly, Dasha, and yours truly in front of Blarney Castle. 
I have now kissed the Blarney Stone, and according to tradition will now have the gift of eloquence. Just watch out.

What do I want you to take away from this post?

1. Paris is awesome!

2. Ireland is enchanting, and everyone should go. 
(I would suggest staying with Kelly's aunt, she is the best hostess EVER.)

3. Girlfriends are awesome.

4. A girls trip at least once a year is a must.

5. I have been incredibly blessed with amazing friends.

6. Sri Lanka is a great destination for a girls trip, I'm just saying- any takers?

7. Ben is an awesome husband. The day I got home, Ben went to the doctor and found out he had pneumonia, but I never heard him complain at all that I was gone and he was watching the kids.

8 comments:

Little Crazies said...

Awww.... We will be doing it every year from now on!

And poor Ben on being sick while you were gone. I hope he feels better now when you're back with your healing powers

p.s. love Kelly's face by the ice cream bowl :))))

Anne said...

I love that picture of you in front of the eiffel tower. It's a framer for sure.

I have always been a bit jealous of people with this type of friendship, especially in the FS. I mean, I have made some good friends in the years I've been a part of it, but somehow this type of connection escapes me. Maybe someday it will happen!

Sara said...

Awesome trip. I'd love to take a girls weekend trip some day! I love all the photos. Especially the ones of you in your tulle skirt! The perfect choice for bumming around Paris, if I don't say so myself.

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictures on this blog
loading? I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.
My page: Going At this website

Liz said...

Love the pictures! Especially the tulle skirt ones.

The Teeples Times said...

Truly awesome!! From your awesome pictures to your sweet girlfriends to a sick hubby who watches the kids without complaining....awesome!! Glad you were able to get away!!

Emily H said...

You are so lucky!
I'm lovin those green boots.

So jealous over here.

I never get to:
1. go on a girls trip
2. go on any trip somewhere cool
3. fit into cute clothes and boots.

Just US said...

You have the greatest outfits!! And how awesome that you had a week away with friends!! I hope it was rejuvenating as it looks from your pictures.

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS