7.26.2013

Vacation is good.

Let's just jump right into it.  Last you read, we were preparing for our trip to Utah.  That time has come and gone, and we are back in Colombo.  As we speak I am struggling with a strange mix of jet-lag and uber disgusting digestive issues.  Welcome home.  Welcome home.

However, let's not dwell on the negative.  Let's talk about vacation.  This was probably the best vacation we have been on as a family.  Some highlights.
  • Ben and I went on a cruise to Mexico.  Just the two of us, and it was wonderful.  We even ran into a family I knew from Moscow way back when. Crazy small world. 
  • We spent a week in Salt Lake seeing family and friends.
  • We spent the rest of the time on top of a mountain in a lovely place called Bear Lake, Utah.  Probably the most beautiful lake I have ever seen.  
  • Ate some seriously good food.
  • Celebrated the boys birthdays.  Ben and I are now the parents of a 4 year old and a 6 year old.  
  • Spent time with family and friends.
  • I went blonde for about a month, but it is back to brunette now.  It was a fun change, but you know, I like having brown hair.  
Some of Ben's family:





Our family at Temple Square:



Friends from my mission in Rochester, New York:


Some of the kids from the ladies above:







Jackson and Addie:


Cousins:


Fourth of July fun:


Taylor and Thomas:


I'm totally prepared for these crazy kids to date in the future:




I have more pictures, however, most of them are on facebook and instagram.

It was an awesome summer, and I am so grateful for the time that we had with friends and family.  We have been seriously blessed.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I love all of the pictures! I wish we had been able to visit with you guys! I am glad that ya'll had such an awesome trip.

Rebekah said...

I also LOVE Bear Lake! However, the Idaho side is better. :) It has more beach AND raspberry shake shacks and the caves. (I'm not playing favorites because I was born in Idaho...) I'm so glad you were able to go see your family.

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS