9.28.2013

Going to the Maldives.

The Maldives.

About 11 years ago, I bought a calendar with pictures of tropical paradises from all over the world.  There it was on several months- Maldives.  I dreamed about staying in a hut over the water; warm and perfect. 

So it was put on my bucket list.  Staying on a hut over the water.  In the Maldives. 

Here and now. Ben had the opportunity to travel to the Maldives for work, and I was able to tag along.  We couldn't afford a hut on the water, but this was a dream come true.  AND I still count it as crossing an item off my bucket list.   (Sometimes bucket lists change, but the dream isn't any less fulfilled.)

Ben had to work everyday, and when his Blackberry chimed, he had to answer it.  Even though he was working, he had a few hours after work to enjoy paradise.  When he was working, I was reading, lounging, and taking an occasional nap.  It was the perfect vacation.  

It was an awesome trip, and I am so grateful that we were able to go.  

I am also grateful for all of our friends here that helped out with the boys.  We knew they were having a good time when they only wanted to spend 30 seconds on FaceTime so they could keep playing.



Where we stayed:



We were copying the couples that took pictures before us.  It seemed as if most of the people staying there were models, or at least they liked to pose like they were.  

Here we are trying to fit in:


I don't think modeling is in my future.  




This was awesome! When we walked on the beach at night, these would show up in our footsteps and along the shore.  It was like lightning bugs on the beach.  






Awkward timer picture, that turned out to be my favorite.



Gorgeous.  Totes gorgeous.


Swanky furniture at the bar.


2 comments:

Little Crazies said...

Looks like a fabulous little getaway! Even if Ben had to work, you got uninterrupted sleep, reading and naps. I really wish we were all rich and richer so we Matt and I could join you guys at that paradise place. Maybe one day. :) Put it back on your bucket list but now add friends to it. :))) miss you! and happy birthday!

Chuzai Living said...

The Maldives is one of my dream vacation destinations, too! We're only 3 hours away, but the prices are still very high! I don't know if we can afford to go there even though we're very close. Your photos are lovely!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS