Let this weekend be over.

This weekend has not gone very well...and it is only Saturday night. Last night I thought that it would be a good idea to celebrate Ben's return with Chinese food. He had cash left over from his trip, so we walked down to the Chinese restaurant just a few blocks away, with the money in my pocket. We went and ordered the food, and while we waited we went to the convenience store to buy a treat. When we got up to the register, the money was gone! I lost fifty dollars! I was so mad at myself. Then we went into the restaurant and I wrote a check, but then the told me they didn't take out of state checks. I am holding back tears at this point. We paid for our food, and retraced every step, but it was gone, the fifty dollars is gone. To help us feel better we said that some single mom found it and now she can afford the groceries that she would not have been able to buy.

Our adventure continues tonight when about thirty minutes ago, we were attacked by a bat, yes a bat in our apartment It was the biggest bat I have ever seen in my life! I mean it was a huge, gigantic, enormous, big bat. (Even Ben says it was huge.) I was sitting on the couch reading, and Ben was sleeping/watching the Olympics. All of a sudden I saw a dark shadow moving across the wall, then I saw what it was. I got to the ground and crawled to the kitchen while yelling Ben's name for him to wake up. By the time he heard me, I was well into the bathroom, and waiting for Ben to take care of it. Ben walked into the bathroom and asked what was going on. I told him there was a bat in the living room. I don't know if he was fully awake at this point, so I took him to show him, and just then the bat flew in front of us, into the entryway. We both ran into the bathroom with the door shut. (Jack is asleep in his room at this point-he is safe.) Then Ben said he was going to take care of it, and I gave him a towel. He took the towel and went into the bedroom. All I heard was loud crashing and banging. I was worried, but not worried enough to leave the bathroom. After everything was quiet, I peeked around the corner, and Ben was holding his towel-he said that the bat had circled over his head about five times, and he hit the bat into the corner, but it kept coming after him, so he hit it again, this time into the laundry hamper. He covered the hamper with the towel and carried it out. We both went down, and Ben dumped out the hamper, with all our dirty clothes and the bat. The bat flew away, gone into the night sky, leaving all of our clothes on the side walk, and me and Ben ducking out of the way. Man...what a night.


Anja said...

How in the world did a bat get into your apartment?! SCARY! Not a fan and I would have done the same thing!

Janalu said...

Wow talk about excitement! You feed hungry single moms and release animals intot he wild. You guys are just too much!

Krystal aka Bling said...

Our family seems to have some sort of connection with bats. If you haven't already heard the stories from you dad you should ask about when they lived in Freeport, or ask Grandma when we see you in September. I am so excited!!!