12.22.2012

Local Wears.

My lovely friend Ann bought this dress in India, and gave it to me!  It was so kind of her, and I was so excited to wear it.  It worked out perfectly that it was Christmas colors, so I wore it to our Church Christmas party.



Last week my friend invited me to join her at a wedding.  It was the perfect excuse to wear a saree.  


I didn't know how much goes into wearing a saree.  Finding the right one can be a bit overwhelming as most of the shops have hundreds of beautiful options, but little to no organization.  However, it was fun to find "the one".  
Then I had to have a blouse and an underskirt made.  Most women here have their blouses made rather short, and expose their stomachs, so when I requested mine longer it was met with resistance.  I was successful, and it turned out lovely.  
The night of the wedding, I had to have someone wrap and pin the yards of fabric around me so I could walk without everything falling apart.

It was so much fun to wear, and I can't wait for the next opportunity.

2 comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS