4.05.2013

A thought for this Friday.

If you've been around for awhile, you know that I am a Mormon.

I love being a Mormon. I also love learning about different religions. It fascinates me. I love to learn about the similarities and the differences in different belief systems.

Today I thought I would tell you a little more about what I believe.

Back in the 1800's, Joseph Smith wrote "The Articles of Faith", which are 13 statements that contain some of the basic beliefs of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormons). Although these statements were written back when the church was young, they are still applicable today.

The one I want to share is the 11th Article of Faith, which says:

"We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may."

I love that Joseph Smith included this in our basic beliefs. We feel that being able to choose how, where, or what we believe is a privilege that is part of our basic human experience. We don't have to believe the same thing, but we should respect those differences.

Do we believe we are right? Absolutely.

I hope you believe you are right as well.

If not, keep looking.

Explore your options.

 

And now you know a little but more about what I believe.

 

Me and Thomas.

 

2 comments:

Bethany Davidson-Widby said...

Not being Mormon, I don't know very much about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I appreciate your willingness to share this so I may learn more about your beliefs. Thank you!

Rebekah said...

You are awesome! I love that Article of Faith, too.

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS